3½ hoursStart time
The tour starts from in front of the Vienna state Opera house (Wiener Staatsoper).
Please report at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time. This is mandatory to allow time for pre-departure briefing.
The tour returns to the starting point
The meeting point of the morning photography tour is in front of the Vienna State Opera house (Wiener Staatsoper).
On this tour, you will visit:
• Vienna State Opera House: The Vienna Opera House has a world-wide reputation for its first-class opera performances and is also known because of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. You can photograph its magnificent neo-romantic style architecture.
• Kärntnerstrasse: Walk through the Kärntnerstrasse, Vienna's main shopping street specially catering to the tourists. The street is a great place for candid photography since you can capture the various street artists performing.
• St. Stephen's Cathedral: The cathedral, one of Vienna’s most famous sights, defines the city centre and has been the heart of Vienna for centuries.
• St. Michael’s Church: The church was built in the first half of the 13th century at the place where Mozart first performed his "Requiem".
• Imperial Palace: The palace exemplifies a spectacular blend of various architectural styles. It houses the Museum of Ethnography, the Imperial Treasury, the National Library, the Butterfly house and big collection of musical instruments and weapons. The palace is also home to the famous Spanish Riding School.
• City Hall and Parliament Building: Photograph the gothic style city hall and the impressive Parliament Building.
• Natural History Museum: This museum has important collections of early Stone Age exhibits.
• Museum of Fine Arts: It ranks among the richest and most important art collections in the world. It houses paintings by Rubens, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Dürer, Raphael, Titian and Velazquez, as well as the most comprehensive collection of Bruegel's paintings in the world.
• Naschmarkt: See one of the oldest and most famous markets in Vienna with its unique mixture of Austrian traditions and oriental influences. The shops display colourful and neatly arranged fresh vegetables, fruits and spice packages making it a perfect place for some colourful snapshots.
• Karlsplatz Church: This baroque styled church is considered one of the most beautiful examples of 'art nouveau' architecture.
• Belvedere Palace: Set in a beautiful park, the Belvedere, with its copper roof and white stucco walls, is one of Vienna’s best-known landmarks.
At the end of the session your photographer-guide will review some of the photos taken (if you are carrying a digital camera). You will have learnt the basics of composition, the importance of light in photography, how to take balanced and attractive images, and simple techniques to take "creative" images.
The tour concludes at the point of departure.
Please email or send an sms the tour operator at least 72 hours prior to start of the tour to re-confirm. Details in your voucher.