The Chiang Mai region of Thailand is at the heart of any visit to Thailand. The surrounding area is beautiful with verdant green forests, rivers and mountains. There are many interesting attractions and activity opportunities within a day’s journey from Chiang Mai city. The mix and colour of the local tribes, and the breathtaking scenery make it one of Asia’s most beautiful locations. There is always something new to see and do in Chiang Mail.
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Hmong Hilltribe Lodge
You will be picked up from Chiang Mai airport, railway station or your Chiang Mai hotel and taken in a 4 Wheel Drive Land Rover (or similar) for this tour.
• Visit the hill tribe museum at Mae Rim. See an interesting collection of ceramics, gold jewellery and other ancient artefacts showcasing the Lanna heritage.
• Visit the local market at Mae Malai where the local vendors sell exotic fruits, vegetables, flowers and food.
• Continue to the Ban Mae Taman Elephant Camp and enjoy an exciting one-hour elephant ride through the rainforest.
• Also enjoy an unforgettable ride on a typical ox-cart through rural landscape.
• Stop for a relaxed picnic lunch.
• After lunch, take an adventurous journey along the Mae Taeng River on inflatable rafts (bamboo rafts are used during dry season).
• Back in your 4 Wheel Drive, continue to Baan Huay Rai, passing several villages, orchards, valleys and rice fields.
• Visit the simple Hmong village located about 850 meters above sea level.
• Check into the Hmong Hill Tribe Lodge. This three star lodge has air conditioned rooms, coffee shop and a restaurant. Spend the day at leisure.
• Savour a barbeque dinner and enjoy a presentation of hill tribe dances and songs.
• Retire to your room for the night.
Day 2: Hmong Hilltribe Lodge
• After breakfast, drive to the little village of Baan Teen Doi and then enjoy a short stroll to Mae Pa.
• Take a mountain bike and pedal off to Baan Palan.
• Along the way, visit the small village reservoir before biking on to Baan Pong Kwaw to see an old temple with beautiful wall paintings. Stop here for lunch.
• Leave your mountain bikes and carry on in your 4WD on mountain roads through various villages.
• Stop at the village of Nong Hoi Mai when you get back on your mountain bikes (or trek) to Mae Khi village. Stop here for coffee or tea.
• Return to the lodge to catch your breath and freshen up.
• Enjoy dinner and then retire for the night.
Day 3: Hmong Hilltribe Lodge – Chiang Mai
• After breakfast, check out of the Hmong Lodge and depart for a visit to Queen Sirikit’s Botanical Garden and Orchid Farm. The farm has over 700 species of native Thai plants and orchids.
• Stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
• Visit a local snake farm before returning to Chiang Mai.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at your Chiang Mai hotel or Chiang Mai airport at around 1500h (03:00pm).
3 Days/2 Nights
Start time: 0830h (08:30am) br> Duration: 3 Days/2 Nights
Your hotel in Chiang Mai or airport.
(Please mention your hotel name and address or flight details at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Chiang Mai or airport
Wear comfortable shoes or sturdy sneakers.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
See the Cancellation policy for this product