If you are staying in one of Singapore's major hotels you will be picked up from your hotel and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle to Singapore Night Safari. If your hotel is not a pick-up point, then you should arrange to arrive at the assembly point at the Tourist and Transit Hub #01-05 at the Singapore Flyer 15 minutes before the tour starts.
The journey will take about 30 minutes and you can enjoy an onboard commentary in English on the way.
The world's first wildlife park custom-built for visits at night, the Singapore Night Safari is an experience unlike any other. Nestled in 40 hectares of lush secondary forest, it offers visitors the chance to observe the activity and atmosphere of a tropical jungle at night.
Arriving at the venue, you will board a tram for your exciting safari. As you roam the jungle in complete safety and comfort, you can enjoy an onboard commentary in English. You will wend your way across a night landscape that includes the following habitats and animals:
• Himalayan foothills:look for Himalayan tahr, blue sheep, and vultures
• Nepalese River Valley: inhabitants include the otter, wolf, great one-horned rhinoceros, jackal and sambar deer
• Indian subcontinent: home to striped hyena, Gir lion, sloth bear
• Equatorial Africa: look for giraffe, serval, spotted hyena, bongo and hippo
• Indo-Malayan region: hog deer, bearded pig and Malayan tiger live here
• Asian riverine forest: watch for tapir, red dog, Asian elephant and banteng (wild cattle)
• South American pampas: home to maned wolf, capybara and giant anteater
• Burmese hillside: features the gaur (wild ox) and brow-antlered deer
At around 2100h (9:00pm) you will be invited to view the Creatures of the Night Show. Get ready for the nonstop action with a star cast that includes puma, barn owls, python, raccoons and more. The show demonstrates the behavior and incredible abilities of the animals, from predatory to survival skills.
The Creatures of the Night Show lasts around 30 minutes. Afterwards, you will be driven back to your hotel/ starting point in Singapore.