As per your convenienceStart time
November - March: Open Daily 8:00am – 6:00pm
April - October: Open Daily 8:00am – 8:30pm
Duration: As per your convenience
Bike rentals are available at 2800 Leavenworth Street #16 in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.Ending Point
The tour ends at the starting point
Enjoy one of the world's most beautiful cities and one of the world's best places to ride a bike! Pass by several sights of interest such as the Fisherman’s Wharf, Aquatic Park, the historic airport of Chrissy Field, the Palace of Fine Arts, notorious Alcatraz, Angel Island, and more.
From easy, leisurely rides along the waterfront on the Bay Trail and over the Golden Gate Bridge, to the off road trails where mountain biking begins, San Francisco's bicycling experience is second to none.
There is no hotel pick-up for this Self-Guided Biking Tour of San Francisco tour. Make your way to 2800 Leavenworth Street #16 in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf for hiring your bike for the day.
You will also receive a map of San Francisco, helmet (mandatory), comfort hybrid, a handlebar bag, flat protection and a lock.
Choose a time of your convenience and ride for as long as you want as you explore beautiful San Francisco city at a leisurely pace.
Sights of interest include:
• Fisherman’s Wharf: San Francisco’s vibrant waterfront community features world class hotels, restaurants, and family friendly attractions.
• Aquatic Park: This building complex located in the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park, this unique park is home to an assortment of old-time wooden ships.
• Ghirardelli Square: A historic San Francisco destination, the Square offers shopping San Francisco style, waterfront dining near Fisherman’s Wharf.
• Fort Mason: Located between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge on San Francisco Bay, Fort Mason served as an Army post for more than 100 years.
• The Marina Green: The green lung of San Francisco, Marina Green is a historic 74-acre expanse of grass between Fort Mason and the Presidio.
• Chrissy Field: This park was originally an airfield as part of the United States' Presidio Army Base.
• The Palace of Fine Arts: A favorite wedding location with couples, this uniquely designed building was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition.
• The Presidio: This park traces its origins to 1776 as a fortified location when the Spanish made it the military center of their expansion in the area.
• Fort Point: Boasting a superb vantage point as it overlooks the spectacular Golden Gate, Fort Point was completed just before the American Civil War, to defend San Francisco Bay against hostile warships.
• The Golden Gate Bridge: The most famous among San Francisco landmarks, this superb suspension bridge spans the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean.
If you wish, you can go off-road right to where mountain biking begins.
At the end of an exhilarating experience, return the bike to the starting point, where your tour ends.
Wearing a helmet is mandatory
Specialty bikes, child tag-along trailers, and burleys are also available for at extra cost
The tour may be postponed if the weather makes for dangerous riding conditions. If the tour cannot be rescheduled, you will receive wither a full credit or refund
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details and to give your height details
Children must be one year old or older to participate
Minors who are 17 years and below are required by state law to wear a helmet
All minors 17 years and below must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian