01 Mar - 30 Nov: Daily
01 Dec - 28 Feb: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Approx 4 hoursStart time
Start Time: 1100h (11:00am)
In addition 15 May - 15 Sep: 1530h (3:30pm)
Duration: 4 hours
You can count on meeting your guide outside the Queensway Tube (Central Line) around 15 minutes before the start of the tour. He/she will be wearing a company T-shirt, holding a sign, and standing by the two red phone booths.
Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departs
The tour ends at Queensway Station
This is the only organised bike tour of London which has access to London’s beautiful Royal Parks such as Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Green Park and St. James's Park.
You’ll see the residences, official and otherwise, of the royal family. These include Kensington Palace and magnificent Buckingham Palace.
See Westminster Abbey and The Houses of Parliament and listen out for the chimes of Big Ben.
This easy-going tour is perfect for families. Baby seats and kids’ bikes and safety gear are available.
For your excitingRoyal London Bike Tour you should meet your guide outside the Queensway Tube (Central Line) around 15 minutes before the start of the tour. He/she will be wearing a company T-shirt, holding a sign, and standing by the two red phone booths.
After meeting your guide at the Tube station you will walk just a few yards to pick up your bike.
The bikes used for this tour are straightforward and comfortable. They are called California beach cruisers and have big cushy seats, wide handlebars and fat tyres. All the bikes are named so you can choose one that suits your vibe whether that be Sir Winston Churchill or, perhaps, Victoria Beckham.
If you’re new to London or even if you already know all the words to “God Save The Queen”, this easy-going 4 hour tour has something for you! You’ll be treated to an enthralling selection of stories and anecdotes as you pedal along. Halfway through the tour, you’ll take a break for a bite to eat and to enjoy a pint at one of the cornerstones of English culture – the traditional pub (refreshments payable direct).
Highlights of your tour will include:
• The Houses of Parliament: Where decisions get thrashed out in the House of Lords and the House of Commons.
• Buckingham Palace: The official London residence of the Royal Family since Queen Victoria. Struck seven times by German air strikes in WWII and yet it is still the monarch’s official residence!
• Westminster Abbey: Which possibly dates from 616 and is the final resting place for kings, queens and notable citizens like Charles Dickens and Isaac Newton.
• The Royal Parks:Including Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Green Park and St. James's Park, offering a refuge from the hubbub of the city’s traffic.
• Big Ben: The 13 ton bell within the clock tower attached to the Houses of Parliament. It has been chiming the hour since May 31, 1859.
• Kensington Palace: An official royal residence since William III lived in it in the 17th century.
• Albert Memorial: Commissioned by Queen Victoria in memory of her beloved husband, Prince Albert, who died in 1861.
• Trafalgar Square: Home to the National Gallery and Lord Nelson's Column. This is one of the most central points in London and hosts events, public gatherings, ceremonies and festivals.
The tour ends at the Queensway Tube Station.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
If you require a child’s bike and helmet please mention this at the time of booking or contact the local activity operator prior to your tour to arrange this. Child bikes are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some degree of bicycle proficiency is required from all participants. The pace is not strenuous, but the tour leisurely and comfortably covers around 7 miles or 11 km.
The guide was really funny and good in telling stories, i would recommend to anyone who wants to know famous london's landmarks as well as the history behind them. :)...MR NASSER SALAH