01 Mar - 14 May: Thursday, Friday & Saturday
15 May - 15 Sep: Daily
16 May - 30 Nov: Thursday, Friday & Saturday
01 Dec - 28 Feb: Saturday
Approx 5 hoursStart time
Start time: 10:30h (10:30am)
Duration: Approx 5 hours
Meet your guide outside outside Southwark Underground Station. He or she will be standing there holding a sign between 1015h (10:15am) & 10:35h (10:35am)
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time.
The tour ends at Southwark Underground Station.
You’ll see the London Eye, a giant Ferris wheel, initially mocked and ridiculed, and now a much beloved fixture!
Revel in the glories of St. Paul’s Cathedral, the defining masterpiece of Sir Christopher Wren’s architectural genius. The ground upon which it is built has been considered sacred for thousands of years.
See the world-famous Globe Theatre and discover more about one of the Greatest Britons ever – the playwright William Shakespeare!
Plunge into the whirlwind of Covent Garden, with its tangle of shops, restaurants, pubs and street performers!
Along the way, you’ll have the chance to enjoy lunch in one of the city’s oldest and largest food markets.
After riding along the south bank of the Thames, you’ll board a clipper to cruise in style back to central London.
For your exciting River Thames Bike Tour you should meet your guide outside Southwark Underground Station. Make sure you arrive in good time.
The bikes used for this tour are straightforward and comfortable. They are called California beach cruisers and have big cushy seats, wide handlebars and fat tyres. All the bikes are named so you can choose one that suits your vibe whether that is Sir Winston Churchill or, perhaps, Victoria Beckham!
On this 5- hour tour, you’ll pedal along both banks of London’s famous River Thames while your guide tells you fascinating stories about all that you can see.
Highlights of the tour include:
• The London Eye: With its unparalleled and panoramic view of London.
• St. Paul's Cathedral, where the world mourned the loss of Sir Winston Churchill and celebrated the fairytale wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
• Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, where you’ll learn fascinating facts about one of the world’s greatest playwrights.
• Borough Market: 900 years old and a culinary gem in London. Here you’re free to explore on your own, grab a bite to eat and enjoy a pint at a local pub with your guide (payable direct).
• Covent Garden: an exciting blend of restaurants, shopping, pubs, nightclubs and the most sought-after area in London to showcase licensed street entertainment, a tradition that goes back hundreds of years.
• Tower Bridge: one of the most stunning and iconic bridges in the world, built during the height of the British Empire. You can take photos at the most spectacular vantage point then get the chance to cycle across it.
• The Tower of London: used as a royal residence, prison, observatory, treasury, mint, and even a zoo. The list of famous prisoners includes Saint Thomas More, Sir Walter Raleigh, Guy Fawkes and Anne Boleyn.
After cycling along the South Bank of the river, you’ll board a Thames Clipper and sail back into central London.
The tour ends at the Southwark Underground Station. From here it is easy to find public transport to get you back to your accommodation or onward to your next destination.
Please call the activity operator at least 24 hours prior to start of the tour for reconfirming departure details.
The River Thames Tour spends some time on the roads. It is suitable for experienced cyclists and can only accommodate riders who are 5 feet tall or more.
Although this tour is not considered difficult or strenuous, it does spend some time on the roads. To take part you need to be a fully competent cyclist over 5ft tall.
Please note that left luggage facilities are not available.