You will be picked up from your hotel in Tel Aviv in an air-conditioned coach and taken for a Half Day Tour of Jerusalem Old City. A bilingual guide (English and Spanish/French/German) will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights of the Old City include:
• Roman Cardo: The cardo was the centre of economic life in ancient Jerusalem, lined with shops, merchants and vendors.
• Jewish Quarter: Spend approximately 30 minutes in this part of the Old City. Some of the oldest synagogues can be found here.
• The Western Wall: (duration 20min) Also known as the Wailing Wall, this wall is a sacred symbol of faith for devout Jews.
• Via Dolorosa: (walk 30min) The Way of the Cross, is where Jesus is believed to have traveled carrying the cross for his trial to the place of his crucifixion and burial.
• Church of the Holy Sepulchre: (30min duration). This is revered by Christians as the site of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the 4th century, Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine and a convert to Christianity, traveled to Palestine and identified the location of the crucifixion; her son then built a magnificent church in that spot.
• David Tomb: Continue walking for about 20 minutes to the Mount of Zion to visit the David Tomb, a much-revered site that has been variously owned and jealously guarded by Christians, Muslims and Jews throughout its history. Today it is a Jewish holy site.
• The room of the Last Supper: Located directly above the Tomb of David and near the Dormition Abbey on Mount Zion, the Last Supper Room is a second-story room that commemorates the "upper room" in which Jesus shared the Last Supper with the disciples.
• The Dormition Abbey: A German Benedictine church, this abbey is known for its blue conical roof, four ornamented turrets and a famous clock tower. It commemorates the "falling asleep" (dormitio) of the Virgin Mary.
The tour ends in the Jerusalem Old City.