Set out from your hotel in an air conditioned private vehicle for a sightseeing tour in New Delhi, the capital of India. A local English-speaking guide will accompany you on this excursion. Visit the following famous landmarks of the city:
• Qutub Minar: The tallest hand carved brick minaret in the world at 72.5 metres, it is one of the finest examples of Indo- Islamic architecture. In the same complex is a mosque and an iron pillar, which has not rusted even after 1500 years.
• Humayun’s Tomb: The mausoleum of the Mughal Emperor Humayun, it was built in 1570 by the emperor’s widow, Haji Begum. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it was the first garden tomb of India and a forerunner of the Mughal style of architecture, with high arches and formal gardens (charbagh).
• India Gate: A 40-metre high war memorial arch dedicated to Indian soldiers who died in World War I.
• Rashtrapati Bhawan: The President's residence and formerly the Viceroy's Palace, this building is constructed on top of Raisina Hill. The highlight of Lutyen’s Delhi, it is an impressive sight, particularly when it is lit up.
• Parliament House and the Secretariat Buildings: These buildings are an interesting blend of Victorian and 20th century architecture and formed part of Lutyen’s plan for Delhi.
• Lakshminarayan Temple: The temple was constructed by the Birla family of industrialists in the 19th century. The presiding deity is Lakshmi Narayan and the temple has a hall decorated with beautiful paintings depicting scenes from Indian mythology.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
The tour ends at your hotel.