Take a private sightseeing tour in Delhi, the capital of India, and and see the famous attractions of New Delhi.
The Qutub Minar is the tallest brick minaret in the world and one of the finest examples of Indo- Islamic architecture. A famous tourist attraction in Delhi, the construction began in the 12th century by India’s first Muslim ruler, Qutubuddin Aibak.
Humayun’s Tomb features high on any list of attractions of New Delhi. Built in the 16th century, this UNESCO World Heritage Site was a forerunner of the Mughal style of architecture.
Lutyen’s Delhi reflects a blend of Victorian and 20th century architecture. At one end stands India Gate, a 40 metre high war memorial arch dedicated to Indian soldiers who laid down their lives in the war and at the other is the President’s residence, Rashtrapati Bhawan, the highlight of Lutyen’s Delhi.
A great opportunity to see the famous tourist attractions of New Delhi, this sightseeing tour is a must do.
Set out from your hotel in an air conditioned private vehicle for a sightseeing tour in New Delhi, the capital of India. A local English-speaking guide will accompany you on this excursion. Visit the following famous landmarks of the city:
• Qutub Minar: The tallest hand carved brick minaret in the world at 72.5 metres, it is one of the finest examples of Indo- Islamic architecture. In the same complex is a mosque and an iron pillar, which has not rusted even after 1500 years.
• Humayun’s Tomb: The mausoleum of the Mughal Emperor Humayun, it was built in 1570 by the emperor’s widow, Haji Begum. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it was the first garden tomb of India and a forerunner of the Mughal style of architecture, with high arches and formal gardens (charbagh).
• India Gate: A 40-metre high war memorial arch dedicated to Indian soldiers who died in World War I.
• Rashtrapati Bhawan: The President's residence and formerly the Viceroy's Palace, this building is constructed on top of Raisina Hill. The highlight of Lutyen’s Delhi, it is an impressive sight, particularly when it is lit up.
• Parliament House and the Secretariat Buildings: These buildings are an interesting blend of Victorian and 20th century architecture and formed part of Lutyen’s plan for Delhi.
• Lakshminarayan Temple: The temple was constructed by the Birla family of industrialists in the 19th century. The presiding deity is Lakshmi Narayan and the temple has a hall decorated with beautiful paintings depicting scenes from Indian mythology.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
The tour ends at your hotel.
our guide & driver were both very friendly & informative-they arrived punctually-we enjoyed the commentary while visiting all highlights but especially Humayun's tomb &Qutb Minar... romeo nohay
Start time: 0900 (9:00am)
Duration: 4 hours
Your hotel in Delhi.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your hotel in Delhi.
Do carry a camera as this tour has many excellent photo opportunities
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to reconfirm the departure details.
Pick up and drop off is not included from NCR (National Capital Region) Hotels. Supplement of approx USD 20 will be charged for pick up & drop off from/to NCR Hotels.
See the Cancellation policy for this product