On this Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. With 10 stops covering all of Reykjavik’s main attractions such as the Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre, Whale Watching centre and Skarfabakki harbour, this tour provides the perfect introduction to one of the Northernmost cities in the world.
The stops included in the tour are:
1. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre: This stunning example of modern architecture, constructed from a steel frame and geometric glass panels, is home to the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra and The Icelandic Opera.
2. Whale Watching centre: Hop off to visit the Elding whale watching centre and get up close and personal to whales and birds in their natural habitat all year round.
3. National Museum: This modern and progressive museum provides a comprehensive picture of the past 1 200 years of Iceland’s cultural history.
4. BSI Bus Terminal: Stop here to enjoy some Icelandic delicacies at the Fljott&Gott (Fast and Tasty) restaurant. Try the Viking Experience if you dare: a singed lamb’s head with cured shark and a shot of black death.
5. Perlan: One of the most striking buildings of Reykjavik turns into a fine dining restaurant in the evening with a panoramic view of the city.
6. Kringlan Shopping Centre: This is the largest shopping centre of the area and hosts 170 shops, restaurants and services.
7. Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Admire the sleek Scandinavian design of one of the finest hotels in the area.
8. Reykjavik City Hostel: This award-winning eco hotel represents the green way of life so evident across Iceland.
9. Skarfabakki Harbour: The point of entry for passengers arriving to Reykjavik on impressive cruise liners.
10. Hallgrimskirkja: The fourth tallest architectural structure in Iceland, visible throughout the city. Hop off to admire the 5275 pipes of the grand pipe organ and take in spectacular views of the city and surrounding mountains from the tower.
You may choose to conclude this tour at any of the stops mentioned above as per your convenience.