Board this Hop-on Hop-off Bus to see Reykjavik on your own terms! The Hop-On Hop-Off Tour allows for a flexible experience of the city while making sure you don’t miss any of the sights.
Witness the famous landmarks and attractions of this modern city and admire the stunning scenery of the surrounding mountains and the ocean. Take in a breath of fresh air on the top deck and marvel at the 360 view of the city.
Board the bus at any of the conveniently located stops, hop off for whale spotting or visit the museum, and hop back on when you’re ready. Travel on the bus as much as you like for 24 hours.
Informative audio commentary is provided in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Russian and Icelandic so you won’t miss a thing!
On this Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. With 10 stops covering all of Reykjavik’s main attractions such as the Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre, Whale Watching centre and Skarfabakki harbour, this tour provides the perfect introduction to one of the Northernmost cities in the world.
The stops included in the tour are:
1. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre: This stunning example of modern architecture, constructed from a steel frame and geometric glass panels, is home to the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra and The Icelandic Opera.
2. Whale Watching centre: Hop off to visit the Elding whale watching centre and get up close and personal to whales and birds in their natural habitat all year round.
3. National Museum: This modern and progressive museum provides a comprehensive picture of the past 1 200 years of Iceland’s cultural history.
4. BSI Bus Terminal: Stop here to enjoy some Icelandic delicacies at the Fljott&Gott (Fast and Tasty) restaurant. Try the Viking Experience if you dare: a singed lamb’s head with cured shark and a shot of black death.
5. Perlan: One of the most striking buildings of Reykjavik turns into a fine dining restaurant in the evening with a panoramic view of the city.
6. Kringlan Shopping Centre: This is the largest shopping centre of the area and hosts 170 shops, restaurants and services.
7. Hilton Reykjavik Nordica: Admire the sleek Scandinavian design of one of the finest hotels in the area.
8. Reykjavik City Hostel: This award-winning eco hotel represents the green way of life so evident across Iceland.
9. Skarfabakki Harbour: The point of entry for passengers arriving to Reykjavik on impressive cruise liners.
10. Hallgrimskirkja: The fourth tallest architectural structure in Iceland, visible throughout the city. Hop off to admire the 5275 pipes of the grand pipe organ and take in spectacular views of the city and surrounding mountains from the tower.
You may choose to conclude this tour at any of the stops mentioned above as per your convenience.
Very well organized, highly recommend. No issues on communication. Quality of the tour was first rate. Guides were knowledgable and friendly. Laxnes stables for the horse... Paul Niemyski
30 May – 16 Sep: Daily
Ticket valid for 24 hours.
Start time: Buses departs between 10:00am to 6:00pm; every 60 minutes.
Duration: Ticket valid for 24 hours.
Full loop takes 60 minutes
The buses start from City Centre, however you may board the bus at any stop. The voucher can be exchanged at any of the stops directly with the driver.
You may end the tour at any of the stops.
Your booking voucher can be exchanged for your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket at any one of Reykjavik’s stops. Simply choose the stop which you wish to start from and present your voucher to the driver who will exchange it for a ticket that will be valid for 24 hours from that time.
The route of the hop-on, hop-off tour is subject to change.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
See the Cancellation policy for this product