Your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hoursStart time
Buses operate between 10:00am and 6:00pm every 30 minutes
Full Loop: 1 hour 30 minutes
You may board the bus from any of the stops.
Note: Stop 1; Parque Santa Catalina will be closed until March 2016 for the preparation of the Carnival. Therefore, the bus tour will start from stop No. 9, located at Pier Santa Catalina.
You can end the tour at any of the designated stops
This fun tour allows you to explore Las Palmas in your own way and in your own time. Tickets are available for one day or two and the bus route has 11 carefully chosen stops which make it easy to reach all the city highlights.
You can jump on and off just as you like to see the Cathedral, go shopping in El Corte Ingles, stroll on the golden sands of Playa de Las Canteras, visit the Elder Museum or do whatever else appeals to you.
Choose to sit inside the bus in air-conditioned comfort or enjoy the panoramic views from the open-air deck. An audio commentary will tell you all about the major landmarks as you go around the town.
You can join the Hop-On Hop-Off Tour of Las Palmas at any of the designated stops on the route. There are two options for the tour: 24 hours or 48 hours tickets. Whichever you select, you can hop on and off as much as you like during the validity period.
The tour takes place in a double-decker bus with an open top. Enjoy the fresh air on top or sit in the air-conditioned lower deck if you prefer. An informative and entertaining audio commentary is provided.
Some of the stops include:
• Parque Santa Catalina: Parque Santa Catalina embodies the spirit of Las Palmas. It is more of a town square than a park and has a lively nightlife centred on its discos, clubs and bars. Horse-drawn cabs are available to take tourists around.
• El Corte Ingles: Shopping enthusiasts will find exciting malls here.
• Paseo de La Cornisa: Paseo Cornisa is an avenue in the modern Escaleritas district. It affords a fine panorama of Puerta de la Luz (the port) and La Isleta, a peninsula north of the docks.
• Pueblo Canario: Built in the 1930s to highlight Canary Island culture, this village is composed of traditional island houses with turrets, gates and an atrium. A large square in the center is lined with shops for selling local art and craft items.
• Vegueta/ Catedral: The historic district of Vegueta is approximately 10 km away from Santa Catalina. Here you find magnificent buildings such as Casa Regental, the Palacio Episcopal (Bishop’s Palace) and the imposing Catedral de Santa Ana (Cathedral).
• Estacion de San Telmo:This is the starting point for the tour although you can board the bus at any of the 11 stops.
• Muelle Sta. Catalina: This is the terminal for ferries connecting Gran Canaria to Tenerife and the other islands.
• Playa de Las Canteras: Playa de Las Canteras is a 3 km long, golden sand beach with its very own natural reef, “La Barra”. The beach is lined with shops, restaurants, cafes, snack bars and spaces where street entertainers perform.
Short guided tours of the theater are available in the mornings for a modest fee (payable direct).
You may hop on and hop off at any of the designated stops, see the sights, shop or eat and then hop back on again when the next bus comes along. You can choose to end your tour at whichever stop you like.
Look for the bright red buses with the City Sightseeing logo on the side, accompanied by the name of the city. The buses also display, contemporary style, illustration of key attractions of the city.
Please exchange your confirmation voucher for your ticket when boarding the bus
The route of the hop-on, hop-off tour is subject to change.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund will be given for customers without a printed copy of the voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
The tour will operate during the festive season, however, tours will finish early on 24th, 31st December and 5th January at 3.30pm at bus stop 9, (Muelle Santa Catalina).
Three of the buses have ramps and are therefore fully wheelchair accessible.
Stop 1 (Parque Santa Catalina) will be closed on 11th & 16th March due to Rally Islas Canarias. Therefore, the tour will start from stop No. 9, located at Pier Santa Catalina.
I enjoyed it. Bus route was well organized. During the day we had the opportunity to see all the sights of this city....Name as written on credit card
This is a great way to see Las Palmas. The tour took us round the hole town and it was interesting to listen to the recorded guide. Many interesting historical facts and the town...Arvidsson Carl Lennart Bertil
We have used these buses 3 times now, we find they are great for finding your bearings, do the circut once then use it to get on & off at the sites that you like....jon thompson