The tour starts from the McDonald's restaurant opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station at 0950h (09:50am). Your guide will meet you here and accompany you throughout the tour. Take a 20-minute train ride to Potsdam, the capital city of the federal state of Brandenburg.
Upon arrival in Potsdam, set out on a walking tour of the city and see the following sites:
• Residence of Germany’s last Kaiser, Wilhelm II: The manor was used by Churchill, Truman and Stalin through the Potsdam Conference. The guide will tell you about the conversations that sealed the fate of Cold War Europe for the next half century.
• Dutch Quarter built by the infamous ‘Soldier King’.
• Sancoussi Palace ofFrederick the Great and his final resting place.
• Ruins of KGB jail and Glienick bridge used by the CIA and KGB for spy swaps, including that of U2 Spy Plane pilot Gary Powers.
• Site of ceremonial handshake between President Paul von Hindenburg and the new Chancellor Adolf Hitler that took place on 21 March 1933 in Potsdam’s Garrison Church.
• New Palace (with over 200 rooms and 400 statues), built to celebrate the end of the Seven Years' War, in which Prussia ousted Austria from its centuries-long role as the dominant power in German affairs.
• Roman Baths and Chinese Tea House
Stop at a local beer garden for a light lunch and some beer (cost not included). After exploring the sites of Potsdam, board your train to return to Berlin.
The tour ends at the starting point.