To join the tour please proceed your way to Republic Square 3 (The yellow kiosk of Prague Sightseeing Tours & Cityrama) from there board an air-conditioned coach for this Prague Historical Highlights Tour.
This tour will showcase the following historic monuments of Prague over three and a half fascinating hours (all sites will only be seen from the outside):
• The State Opera: Gustav Mahler, Alexander Zemlinsky, and Richard Strauss are among the legendary composers who have performed at this 19th century opera house.
• The National Museum: The oldest and largest museum in the Czech Republic, the National Museum features over 14 million items from the areas of history, natural history, arts, music and librarianship.
• Wenceslas Square: Anchored by the main neo-Renaissance building of the National Museum, this main boulevard of Prague is a vibrant cosmopolitan area with hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs and shops.
• Charles Square: Designed as a castle marketplace, this is the largest square in Prague. Here you’ll find the high tower of the New Town Hall and the 17th century Church of Saint Ignatius.
• Prague Castle: Originally built from timber and protected by soil ramparts in 870 AD, Prague’s most defining landmark has fallen into ruin and been rebuilt numerous times in its 1100 year history. Enjoy the chance to walk around the Castle courtyard.
• St. Vitus Cathedral: Located in the Castle courtyard, this Gothic masterpiece is the seat of the Archbishop of Prague and houses the graves of many Bohemian kings.
• Old Town Hall: Cross the Vitava River to reach the Old Town Square, see St. Nicholas church, the Týn Cathedra and site of the Old Town Hall. Look for the apostles to emerge from the main clock, and gaze up at the astronomical clock (Horloge), which places earth in the middle of the universe.
Your tour ends at the Old Town Hall.