For your Paradise Country Farm experience you should make your own way to Paradise Country Farm, which is located on Australia's Gold Coast, just a 20 minute drive north of Surfers Paradise and 45 minutes south of Brisbane.
Paradise Country Farm Animals
At the farm you can meet all types of wonderful animals including:
• Australian stock horses: Bred long ago from thoroughbred stallions and local mares.
• Sheep: See different breeds including merino, Border Leicester, Lincoln, Dorset Horn, Poll Dorset and Wiltshire Horn.
• Dogs: Dogs on the farm are from the breed known as “kelpies”. They are descended from three pairs of working collies imported into Australia by early landowners.
• Cattle: You’ll see Jersey and Friesian and other dairy breeds.
• Koalas and kangaroos: Meet these enchanting marsupials native to Australia.
• Emus: These are the tallest birds in Australia and have lived on the continent for 80 million years.
Paradise Country Farm Activities
Your ticket includes all of the following farm activities:
• Stockmen & Sheep Dog Show: Watch as the stockmen and women and the resident “kelpie” dogs round up a flock of sheep. It's here you'll be shown how to throw a boomerang, milk a cow and see how to crack a stockman's whip.
• Sheep Shearing Show & Ram Parade: An interactive experience where you will be enthralled by the skills of the master shearers.
• Billy Tea and Stock Horse Arena: Relax around the campfire. Enjoy a traditional Billy Tea and damper made by a local stockman as you watch skilled horsemen perform whip-cracking and riding demonstrations.
• Kangaroo & Koala Sanctuary: Visit the kangaroo and koala sanctuary where you can spot koalas as they snooze, feed the kangaroos and enjoy these charming marsupials in their natural setting. (You can also have your photo taken cuddling a friendly koala. Additional charges apply).
• The Aussie Farmyard: Here kids get up close and personal to baby animals of all shapes and sizes including lambs, chicks, calves and piglets. The Aussie Farmyard includes an interactive educational area where kids can draw pictures of the animals they have encountered, and add their drawings to the picture wall or take them home as a token of their special day.
The experience ends at Paradise Country Farm.